Stopover 5: Food Trucks.

Hello!

Been missing for quite sometime, I know. Busy bee at work. Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! So, I discovered, I have something new to add to my blog, to give it a bit more spice, LOL, if you get what I mean. Food, just not random normal food, but food trucks or food joints that are getting a lot of recognition.

I have been to two food trucks so far and they were totally polar opposites. The first one is a newbie trucker. They are called Cowboys Food Truck. They are a very basic typical cowboy truck. They have tortillas, pittas and my favourite, chicken wings with different sauces. The food was just a nice portion, could be even shared by 2 if you order more than one dish. They have really 'macho' names for their sandwiches but sadly, they ran out of it by the time we got there. The owner, was a very friendly guy. He started his cooking experience when he was in Texas, learning new dishes and stuff. So he decided to come back and let us taste his creativity. It was good!I personally liked the crispy fried chicken with Parmesan and BBQ sauce. And since we wanted to taste both, they mixed and did a half for us.The service was also fast and the whole truck had a very positive aura to it. I say, the money was worth the food! I would definitely go back for seconds.


                                                        Food: 7/10 Service: 7/10 

Now just a few days back, I visited this famous truck called, The Little Fat Duck. Their menu is quite simple and back to basic foods, such as spaghetti with carbonara sauce, chicken confit with mash and a few more others. Let me tell you one thing about this truck. their food are cheap. Cheap as low as RM5. I was even more excited in trying this ever famous food truck. I got myself a chicken confit and my partner got the spaghetti aglio olio with beef. Service was bad. It was so slow, the guy who took our order was not interested in talking, to explain what the food was about. We waited for quite some time, mind you, we were the first there, and yet we got our food about 15-20 minutes later. The chicken was extremely tender, that I would say. But that's it. The chicken was not even seasoned well. The mash was just mash. No salt, no pepper, no flavour. The brown gravy was also tasteless and watery. The chicken was bit burnt on the top, to an extend you could feel the bitterness.

In addition to all that, the spaghetti was just way too dry and over cooked. The beef pieces were too salty and just chucked on the spaghetti. I was broken. This was a place that many bloggers and food critics recommended but yet their service and even the food did not make up for the bragging around. There were many people after us, lining up, waiting for their late food. Either they are curious people like us or that their taste buds are just dead. I have never tasted something so bad in life and something done with no passion at all. It was obvious. It was for business sake. 

                                                         Food: 2/10 Service:3/10

One thing I realized about food is that if it is done from the heart and with passion, they turn out to be magical and people feel that from the food. When it is about just business, then the food goes down the drain, together with rubbish service. 

Always remember to cook from the heart, with love and passion.

Till the next posting everyone! Loves x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopover: A bad day.

Stopover 6: Satan named Temptation?